The Rival 2.0 is the next-generation elite-level tech suit. FINIS worked with Olympic athletes Anthony Ervin, Olivia Smoliga, and James Guy, to perfect the fit, enhance performance, and develop a new, proprietary fabric.
SHIELD-TECH™ FABRIC: Creates a shield-like effect reducing friction and water retention (44% Elastane, 41% Polyamide, 15% Polyester)
ELITE FIT: Made with multidirectional stretch properties to move with your body
EVERY SEAM HAS A REASON: Vertical chest seam prevents air pockets while the cut-out beneath the chest provides breathing room
ENABLES MUSCLE EFFICIENCY: Constructed for full range of motion allowing muscles to properly extend and contract
FOCUS ON YOUR CORE: Oblique and lower-abdomen seams work together to provide compression throughout your entire core.
What's different about this suit?
- It is TOUGH and features a unique weave method. That's right – a suit with fabric just as tough as you are.
- It is optimized for gliding through the water. The Shield-Tech™ fabric's surface retains a very small amount of water, creating a shield-like effect and reducing friction.
- In the female suit, we added a vertical chest seam to prevent air pockets and reinforce oblique and lower abdomen compression.
- In the male suit, we focused on intensifying the compression on the back of the legs to lift the legs to the surface.
- Lastly, both suits feature single-layered panels on the inner thighs to increase comfort and range of motion in all four swim strokes.